Thursday, October 28, 2021

Kind Words From A Student

 Today, one of my students said he was lucky to have me as his personal tutor and it made my day. Amidst all the chaos, stress and sleeplessness of the past two months or so, one thing I have noticed is how positively students have responded to me and that I have also enjoyed interacting with them, despite myself. The long hours of teaching have been tiring for sure, but not grating on the grating on the soul.  I am not good at small talk, I am not a jokester so its been pleasant surprise to me how easy  it has been to build a rapport with my students. I feel a softness and generosity and goodwill when I teach that I usually don't otherwise. Maybe its too early to speak and I have just been lucky not to have had any bad experiences with students. Of course, there will be bad experiences.  But, teaching has brought out a side in me that I didn't know that I had. And, from what I have seen so far, its a side I like. 

No comments: