Monday, October 4, 2021

Good or Bad Day of Teaching?

 I had my first day of proper teaching at Bristol Uni today, and I am not sure whether it went well or badly. Some parts of it went well, and some didn't but it was definitely not as well as I had hoped. My students were active and engaged for the first of the two seminar questions. But, for the second one, both my and their enthusiasm levels dipped. I really have to figure out what to do about drawing graphs and equations in the classroom. The second question was on a topic I did not like particularly, but I also seemed to freeze when it came to writing equations or drawing. Maybe I just need to practice more on the whiteboard in my room?

As for the second session, where I was a co-teacher, I felt like a mute spectator beside a forceful woman. I did manage to get some words in, but I felt that my contributions were trite. It didn't help that I wasn't very clear about how the lecture was structured. To be sure, the sessions were not an unmitigated disaster, like my first session of online teaching. I felt more like you feel when you cum too soon--listless and uneasy but not shattered. 

No comments: