Sunday, October 17, 2021
Fearing the Future Less
Tomorrow is going to be a monster day. Six hours of teaching on my 36th birthday. Not a great way to spend a birthday, even for someone who is not big on birthdays. On the bright side, however tomorrow goes, I will be eating cake at the end of the day. I have no idea how tomorrow will go and I haven't even spent too much time worrying about it. But, at this point, it is also worthwhile to acknowledge how much better I am doing compared to a few weeks ago. I am sleeping much better, and my anxiety is tapering down. I coped admirably in a very difficult set of circumstances. Yes, my circumstances are not unique, but so what? I have done very well, and to acknowledge this fact would be false modesty. I wonder if the events of the past 18 months and the hell that is our future, will force us to be more comfortable with uncertainty? To fear the future, less?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment