Friday, August 28, 2020

Morning Routine

Over the past few months, I have slipped into a morning routine that is coordinated with my housemate's. His room is directly below mine, so I can hear him when he wakes. If I am not out of bed by the time he wakes up, which is most days. I lie in and wait for him to leave. We get along fine, but I am not a social person at the best of times, and I would rather him be out of the way as I do my morning routine. He has a sports car, and for some reason, he leaves the engine idling for a few minutes before he leaves. Sometimes, he starts the engine and comes back into the house to perform his ablution while it warms up. When I hear the thud of the door, followed by a change in the tenor of his engine's sound, I know he has left for the day. In recent days, I have become lazier, so I wait for the radio news bulletin, which plays every half hour, before I get out of bed.
After brushing my teeth, I make myself a morning cup of tea. As the tea bag soaks in the water, I put away the dishes drying on the rack. I was in the British habit of dipping the tea bag a few times and chunking, but have now realised that its a collosal waste of tea. So now, I try to have something keep me occupied so that I let it soak for a few minutes. Tea ready, I go upstairs to my room and sip it as I listen to a classical music channel on the radio while sitting cross-legged on the floor. Tea finished, I do eye exercises until loo time. And, then I am ready to work for an hour or so before exercising or doing yoga. After a quick shower, I have breakfast.  So, that's my morning routine during Covid Times. I wonder if it will change in the coming months and years.

No comments: