I have decided to see a chiropractor, or osteopath, as they say here if my elbow and shoulder pain doesn't subside within a week. The pain started soon after I began an intense body-weight routine shortly after we locked down. It grew worse over the months, and eventually I had to take a break from upper-body exercises. I had known something was off for a long time because push-ups, which I am usually do quite comfortably, had become increasingly difficult.
As a frugal guy, I have to constantly remind myself not to scrimp over food and health. I have tried various Youtube exercises to fix the pain, but they haven't worked. So, now its time to bite the bullet and see a professional. The pain is not unmanageable, but I hate not being able to exercise. I have been doing more cardio in the form of cycling and running, but its not the same. With summer nearly over, I should also get my shoulder in working order before the weather makes exercising outdoors more difficult. In one of her yoga videos, Adrienne casually mentioned her chiropractor. So, if a yoga queen like her needs a chiropractor to fix her, who am I to feel any shame in taking the help of a professional? Come to think of it, most athletes rely on professionals to make sure their bodies are in tip-top conditon. It won't hurt me to visit one once in a while
No comments:
Post a Comment