Saturday, August 29, 2020

Biryani Flop

 When I was at the Indian store last month, I came across two Pakistani Masala brands that are highly recommended. My heart leapt with relief as beginning to get worried that my masala stock might not be able to last until my next trip to India. Whenever that will be. Now, I wouldn't have to worry as I had access to masalas which might be better than the brand I  favour. It turns out the Pakistani brands are even more popular than I had imagined as I found them in Tesco the other day. I picked up a pack of the famous "Bombay Biryani Masala" and tried it today.

I bombed. The biryani turned out gloopy because I overcooked the rice. In terms of taste,  I wasn't impressed either. I had used just half a pack because I didn't use as much rice as the recipe suggested. But, even half the pack set the taps in my nose running. But, apart from the heat, the biryani tasted a little bland. Either I had screwed badly or y palate doesn't favour this particular masala brand, or both. In any case, I won't be attempting a biryani any time soon. 

No comments: