Thursday, August 13, 2020

Broken Glass

 This afternoon, as I was making my way up to my room after lunch, I heard the sound of shattering glass in the kitchen. My pan, which was drying on the kitchen range tipped over onto my annoying housemate's wine glass and sent it tumbling to the ground. When I told my housemate about it in the evening, she took it worse than I thought. Fair enough, maybe she really liked that glass, and she is that kind of person who forms strong connections with inanimate objects. But, a few minutes later she warned me not to break her drinking glasses sa she really liked them. WTF! As though I had broken her wine glass on purpose. At that moment, I decided to never use any utensils of hers again. It is something that I have always been uncomfortable about since I am not fond of her at all. When she is in the kitchen, I try not to use any of her stuff, which, I know, is a little sneaky. but, this incident settles it. Tomorrow itself, I am going to buy some utensils and also replace her flute glass. 

Her presence has been bothering me less ever since I decided to not give her any space in my head. The busybody in me was curious about her and had even looked her up on FB. When she made that snarky remark about the glasses, I was quite annoyed for a bit, but I am over it now. I am not going to use any of her stuff from tomorrow and go back to not paying any attention to her. Till a  few days ago, I admit that I was even hoping that she would be fired from her job and have to move out of Bristol and this house. Now, I don't really care. It is a liberating feeling when you are able to become indifferent to someone who took up space in your head. 

No comments: