Sunday, October 27, 2019

Clocks Go Back and I Move Forward on My House Search

The clocks went back last midnight and I commemorated the occasion by doing a Cozy Yoga with Adrienne session this evening, just as I had last year. I suppose this is my way of marking the start of winter. This is the only yoga session that feels wrong if done in any other season than winter. And,  winter is as much about the shorter days as about the cold. I don't mind the shorter days as much as most people because I enjoy darkness. Doing yoga in the darkness, drinking tea in the darkness or just listening to Spotify or a podcast are uniquely tranquil experiences. I associate winter with reflection and restoration and since I am an active person, I seldom feel the winter blues. Living according to the season is a nice experience and makes one feel harmonious with nature, even as climate change upends the natural order.
I also took the first step in my house search today. I barely know anyone who is happy with their housing situation and realize that the search is likely to be a stressful and agonizing experience. All I can try to do is keep in good humour and not let the search take over my life. I will have to draw on all my founts of positivity and resourcefulness as I negotiate the cycle of hope and despair. 

No comments: