After a long and tiring but uneventful journey, I arrived in Bristol around noon today. The India chapter ended without incident. My fear of contracting dengue, which was a constant source of anxiety for me, did not materialize, and I reached Bristol hale but tired. I spent the afternoon unpacking and buying groceries and did some yoga in the evening. A productive and thoroughly satisfying day, despite the fatigue one would expect after a long journey. Since leaving Bombay, I haven't been in anyone's company and it feels really good. India can leave me gasping for space, and it didn't help that it was a full house on this trip.
Here in Bristol, autumn is upon us and there is a nip in the air. Quite a refreshing change from hot and sultry Mumbai. I felt quite relaxed today even though I fortified myself with a large capacuinno to keep from falling asleep. I was waiting for my energy levels to crash towards the evening but that hasn't happened yet. Maybe the caffeine is still coursing through my veins. For someone who barely slept the previous night, I feel more energetic than I did, on average, in Mumbai. Maybe I'm just feeling the feel-good vibes because of the change of scene, but it does feel good to be back. The next 12 months are going to be challenging, but I feel like I am facing challenges I was meant to be facing, if that makes some sense. Challenges which I feel I am equipped to face. Challenges that provoke me to work harder not feel disillusioned and stuck in a place I don't want to be in.
Here in Bristol, autumn is upon us and there is a nip in the air. Quite a refreshing change from hot and sultry Mumbai. I felt quite relaxed today even though I fortified myself with a large capacuinno to keep from falling asleep. I was waiting for my energy levels to crash towards the evening but that hasn't happened yet. Maybe the caffeine is still coursing through my veins. For someone who barely slept the previous night, I feel more energetic than I did, on average, in Mumbai. Maybe I'm just feeling the feel-good vibes because of the change of scene, but it does feel good to be back. The next 12 months are going to be challenging, but I feel like I am facing challenges I was meant to be facing, if that makes some sense. Challenges which I feel I am equipped to face. Challenges that provoke me to work harder not feel disillusioned and stuck in a place I don't want to be in.
No comments:
Post a Comment