Airport blogs are a little time honoured tradition for me,
and this one might not even make it to the blog, because it is going to be a
rant. I feel exhausted, I feel like India is letting me leave after squeezing
every drop of energy from me. Nothing is easy here. Just from my day today—it
took ages to close a bank account, it took ages to get to the airport. I had
booked a flight during earthly hours so that my parents wouldn’t have to stay
up late or wake up in the middle of the night to drop me off to the airport.
But, I know think that would have been the better option as they wouldn’t have
to spend 4 hours in the car. I am feeling the collective exhaustion of both
trips this year, which tally up to almost 5 months in India. It didn’t help
that my sister and her family, bless her, were staying with my parents during
my second visit. I can write endless reams analysing why it is so difficult for
me to share personal space. Or I can accept that it is and try to make myself as
comfortable as I can while trying not to step on any toes. I am going to take
it easy for the next few days as I fear that if I keep pushing myself I will
fall sick. The next 12 months are going to be intense, so it is best to pace
myself. I feel like my traditional supports have not been as useful on this
trip. And as I speak, a group of noisy girls just sat down beside me. I really
feel like India is fucking with me now. But what do I do?
Thursday, October 24, 2019
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment