Monday, April 26, 2021

Running The Clock Down

 Today, I had a meeting with my second supervisor about my methodology chapter. Before the meeting, i was feeling cheerful for the first time in days. For a change, the pandemic raging in India was not top of my mind. The meeting changed all that. My second supervisor has no clue about my PhD and the only reason I am writing the methodology chapter is so that she can say she contributed to my PhD. The things she was asking me to add were making my head spin. But, right at the end, she said something that lifted my spirits. She won't be reading my entire PhD--just the introduction and the methodology chapter. She said there wasn't enough time for her to read before my submission due date at the end of June. The implication was I had not left enough time for her to read and comment on the full draft. I had unknowingly run down the clock. It struck me that I could do the same for the methodology chapter. I don't need to rush it, I just need to a half-decent job and run down the clock. Its unlikely that either of my examiners will mind a mediocre methodology chapter. 

No comments: