When you are super-selective about something, could it be that you actually don't want it? As I keep an eye on the job market, I notice myself looking for reasons not to apply. Maybe because I am too preoccupied with finishing my PhD and don't have the mental capacity for a job application at the moment. Or, maybe I don't want to remain in academia. The same could be said about my behaviour. In the three days since I went back on them, I must have right-swiped on roughly 1 in 25 men. I realise that I am stacking the odds of getting matches against myself, especially as a man on dating apps. Girls can afford to be super-selective on dating apps, and still get a good number of matches. I have no illusions about me being a catch, but neither am I a wastrel. But, I don't want to swipe right on people for the sake of getting matches and losing interest as soon as we match. It has took me a long time to realise that there is no shame in rejecting people you don't find physically attractive and/or non-interesting instead of matching and then slinking or fading away. But, maybe I am subconsciously raising the bar so high that no one can meet it, or rather, that the few women who meet it have no interest in me. Who knows?
Saturday, April 17, 2021
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment