Thursday, April 1, 2021

Easter Break!

When I returned from uni today, I felt the most relieved I've felt in ages. I can't remember the last time I was so looking forward to a break. Admittedly, it won't be a long break. I will go back to working on my PhD after two days, but at a more relaxed pace. I didn't manage to finish what I had set out to do before the break, but who cares? A delay of a day or three on a four-year-long project is nothing but a rounding error. And, it will be a forced change of scene from uni. I thought about confirming with the front desk of the business school whether the building will be closed for all five days of holidays but then decided against it. I am better off thinking it will be, so that I keep away from uni. As much as I like the PhD room, especially alone, I need to spend some time away from it. And, I will be meeting friends after months on Saturday. 
In other news, my elder nephew left for his first Himalayan trek today. Around this time twenty years ago, I had set off on my first Himalayan trek with two friends. Thta was the start of my love affair with the Himalayas. I am tempted to write about it but there is just too much to say and I am tired. And, sometimes, memories, when put into words, lose their luster. In any case, 2001 was an eventful year in my life as well as for the world, so there will be more 20-year milestones to write about. 

No comments: