Today, I sent of the full draft of PhD thesis minus the methodology chapter off to my supervisor and am currently feeling buoyed by the lightness of imperfection. The draft is far from perfect, but that is the whole point of a draft. I decided when I was done with it, when I was simply fed up of it. This is supposed to feel like a milestone, everyone around me keeps telling me, but it doesn't. For one, this is just a draft, and, at best, it is the beginning of the end. I am still at some distance from the end. Second, I have enough things to do, and that's a good thing. I can't imagine how I would cope if this was the end of my PhD and I had nothing else to do. My PhD is one of the main things that has got me through this pandemic. Having a seemingly endless project that I could keep banging away at was an excellent way to spend the year of lockdowns. The way things are going, my PhD work will taper off gradually and not end abruptly, and I am happy about that. But, I should finally start to think of life after my PhD, both personal and professional.
Wednesday, April 14, 2021
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment