Friday, April 16, 2021

NO One Showed Up For Class Today

 I was supposed to be teaching right now, but nobody turned up. If this was early in my teaching stint, I would have felt gutted. But, now, I am confident in my teaching abilities and the kids on this course have told me they like how I teach. No shows now just mean that I get paid for nothing, so I don't have any complaints. actually, one guy showed up, but when he discovered he was the only one, he asked if he could leave too. I was only too happy to oblige. This week's material is now well-designed and most students struggled with it despite my best efforts. I am not going to shed any tears for not having to teach it again. Fittingly, this is my rest period, since I just finished the first draft of my PhD. And, this was the last class of the week, so perfect for no-shows. I am now going to make myself a cup of coffee before I leave. 

No comments: