Monday, February 1, 2021

Eventful Day

 Today was an eventful day which started with me dragging myself out fo bed at 5:00 am to wash my bedsheets. yes, I had to drag myself out because I was feeling miserable about my shoulder, which seems to be getting worse by the day. The first event of this eventful day was nearly running on the cycle ride to uni. The woman quickly apologized, the man gave me lip, and we cussed at each other as I went on my way. Usually, an incident like that would put me in a bad mood for hours, but Covid teaches you not to sweat the small stuff because much bigger stuff could be just around the corner. Save your fuel for that. Most of the day was quite unproductive until I hit a thermal towards the end of the day. I wrote more in those 90 mins then I had in days. It also set me up nicely for tomorrow. When I went home and my attention turned to my shoulder, I started mucking around on the web. I found a shoulder specialist in Bristol who seems to know his stuff and also has a youtube channel to share his knowledge. I think I am going to see him after I know the Cambridge outcome, unless my pain miraculously disappears. The bottomline of the story is everything is cyclical: you are on the top at one moment, in the pits of despair in the next. During Covid times, the upswings and downswings are quick and dramatic. The trick is not expect ether to last long. 

No comments: