Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Fifth Gear

 All lingering grief about the recent job rejection was blown away today. I got an email from my head of department asking if I wanted to continue teaching for the rest of the semester and also if I would be willing to lecture on the same module for two weeks. It didn't take me more than two seconds to decide. The next few weeks are going to be manic, but maybe that is exactly what I need. A kick on my backside to get me to move faster on my PhD. And, it is early days yet but today ended up being much more productive than the first half indicated.  My strategy of saying yes to everything and being relentlessly upbeat when doing so in the hopes of getting hired might not be sustainable or sensible. If I don't get shortlisted the next time a job opens I will be majorly bitter. But, that is too far in the future. For now, I have enough and more to keep me occupied through the spring. Too occupied to wallow in sadness hopefully.

No comments: