Saturday, February 13, 2021

Being Mad At Someone Without Telling Them

I spent two months in a silent rage against someone close to me who had no idea. They were mad at me back in December when I screwed up, and I got mad at them for the way they reacted to my screw-up. But, I didn't tell them about it and a frosty silence ensured between us. It turns out the silence was more frosty from my end. They thought I was just keeping a distance to get over the incident. I don't know what to make of this incident, who was more at fault, was me reaching out a result of my weakness or neediness or both. All I know is self-improvement can wait till after the pandemic. The lesson here is if you are mad at someone let them unless you are prepared to break of all contact. Otherwise, the anger will eat at you from the inside for no reason. 

No comments: