Saturday, February 6, 2021

Bristol City Centre

 I visited Bristol city centre for the first time in two months today and walked around for the first time since October. The sights didn't inspire any joy, melancholy or nostalgia. Bristol is any extraordinarily pretty city. It is difficult to imagine a prettier city that is not by the sea or not nestled in mountains. But, the city felt alien to me in a way that it has never felt before. I wouldn't say I ever loved Bristol. Due to a combination of my nature and luck, I don't have a social life worth mentioning. But, prior to the pandemic, I usually found being out and about in the city a pleasant experience. Today, was as good a day one could expect in winter. The sun was out for most of the day. But, walking around Bristol inspired as much emotion in me as walking around a car park would. Maybe I have too many others thing on my mind. But, I really feel like I am ready for a change of scene. Earlier, my preference was not to move unless I have to. Now, my preference seems to be shifting to not to stay unless I have to. I am ready for a change of scene post-pandemic. 

No comments: