Sunday, February 21, 2021

Evening Tea Losing Its Charm

Sipping milk tea infused with ginger as I sit in the dark listening to music has been one of the pleasures of winter. But, lately, I have been enjoying it less and less. Maybe, its because the weather has become milder since the cold snap two weeks ago, and spring is not far. Maybe I need to change my habits with the change of season. Usually, the end of British Summer Time signifies the end of winter for me. That is still four weeks away. Maybe I am just keen for this winter to end. It has been a long, cold and difficult winter, but things are looking up now. The longer I live in the West, the more I have started to live according to the seasons. Winter rituals were evening tea and yoga in the dark. I need to find some new rituals for spring and the summer. I have realised that I am person of habits and rituals. Rituals give constancy to life, and doing them is a sign of normalcy. Sometimes, doing them helps push a sense of normalcy amid troubles. 

No comments: