Sunday, January 31, 2021

Blue January Ends

 The toughest month for me since the pandemic began is drawing to a close. December was no cake walk either, but at least I had tangible reasons to be stressed--my housemate testing positive and the drama it caused, not being shortlisted for the jobs I had applied to, etc. January was just blue. At its worst, I experienced anxiety like I hadn't since 2017. I always knew this winter would be long and tough, but anticipating something doesn't prepare you for it. It just gives you the satisfaction of saying you had anticipated it. But, life started looking up towards the close of January. Going back to working from the PhD office helped, as did keeping up my daily routine of yoga and blogging. Last week, I was offered teaching for this semester, which would give me something to do apart from my PhD. At the depths of the month, I always knew it was just a question of waiting it out. The Covid situation would improve as the lockdown and vaccinations took hold, the days would get longer, and I would move closer to finishing my PhD. 

No comments: