As I had expected, my WFH dilemma turned out to be moot. We are entering a full spring-20202-style national lockdown from tomorrow. The last lockdown began just as the weather was turning towards spring, Being locked down during winter, and a cold winter at that, will be a, for lack of a better word, interesting experience. As far as I remember, the last lockdown started to fray when the weather became warmer. Whether a cold winter will induce people to hunker down at home, or mingle in each other's home is anybody's guess. I went in to uni today, knowing that it might be my last time there in a few months. It felt odd being in a deserted building, with most people keeping away because they were being cautious or responsible or both. I felt myself trying not to draw attention to my presence, quickly realizing that this wasn't going to be a conducive atmosphere for writing. But, I managed to do some citation work and also have the beef burger that I had been denied when my annoying housemate tested positive for Covid before Christmas. As I was leaving uni, news came in that Scotland had announced a full lockdown from midnight, so it was inevitable that England would follow soon. I feel like I am as prepared as I could be. I only wish some of my housemates were spending lockdown away. As luck would have it, one of them came back yesterday after being away for a month. It will take me a few days to adjust to his presence, although he is no bother at all. My recipe for surviving this lockdown is regular yoga, blogging, making sure I get out of the house at least every other day, and not being hard on myself about my PhD progress. But, my shift in attitude towards my slow PhD progress is a topic for another day.
Monday, January 4, 2021
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment