I always knew this was going to be a tough winter, and right now is possibly the toughest point of winter. The Covid death toll is still rising every day, and the infection isn't yet showing a clear downward trend. The lockdown isn't as strict as last spring, and everyone seems to be on the edge of their sanity. In my own life, my PhD is moving at a glacial space, I still don't know if I will be teaching this semester, my shoulder is still giving me trouble and a frosty situation with a close friend is also weighing on my mood. The weather isn't helping either as its alternating between bitterly cold and rainy.
So, what is there to do but wait for the tide to turn? Wait for the infections to plateau and fall, then deaths to plateau and fall, as they must. There is also the hope that along with these natural trends, increased vaccination will put a serious dent in hospitalization numbers. And wait for my shoulder to recover, aided by postural improvement thanks to a new footboard that I convinced my stingy self to spend 20 quid on. I'm confident that one month from now, there will be light on the horizon even if the sky isn't bright and sunny.
No comments:
Post a Comment