Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Marrying Effort and Ease

 The great thing about yoga is it has so many layers to it which you can spend years unpeeling. There is always more to discover. Since injuring my shoulder, I have realized why Adrienne keeps instructing viewers to keep their shoulders down and together and arms turned outwards when our hands on the floor. Before my injury, this instruction flew past me without registering. But, I am not just talking about instructions to do with the body, but also the mind. One idea that I have recently begun paying attention to is marrying effort with ease. Can you exert your physical body while maintaining a calm mind? Step back and observe yourself as you exert your body? There is always the tendency to power through, whip your mind to keep going when you are pushing your body is under stress. Clenched brain and clenched muscles. Is it possible to push your body while keeping your mind calm? I am still trying to figure out. 

No comments: