Yesterday, I hinted about how I am trying to change my attitude towards my PhD's slow progress. I have decided not to sweat about repeatedly missed deadlines, because what's the hurry? We are likely going to be in lockdown for the next few months, and my PhD is the only thing I have to keep me occupied. I don't have any distractions to worry about. In fact, if I didn't have a long-term project that I could keep chipping at over the past 10 months, as I keep telling myself and anyone else who will listen. I realize circumstances could change and I might have new demands on my time. But after all we've been through this year, it seems silly to worry about that. I am doing the best I can, when it comes to my PhD and that is all I can do. My hard deadline is the end of June, and I am confident that I will finish by then. So, I might as well try to enjoy the process.
P.S. The first day of lockdown wasn't so bad. I started my day early, which is always helpful during winters when one can spend ages in bed the mornings and get increasingly gloomy about all that is wrong with the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment