Wednesday, January 6, 2021
Right-Wing Mob Overruns U.S. Capitol
Are we at a point where right-wing movements are the biggest threat to capital accumulation? Today, supporters of Donald Trump stormed the U.S equivalent of Parliament. I wondered how the astonishing scenes would have made me feel if I was a wealthy Republican? Would I would be ecstatic or alarmed? It is one thing when rioters target a (presumably insured) Macy's store. What does it say about the law and order situation when the citadel of U.S. democracy is breached in such cavalier fashion? Would I still trust the law and order machinery to protect my person and property? And, what is American law enforcement good at, apart from protecting (white) property. and terrorizing black people? Even if I am as white as the driven, wealthy, Republican can i b confident that the nob one day won't turn on me?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment