Friday, January 22, 2021

Constantly Putting out Fires

It feels like I have constantly been putting out fires this week. No sooner did I put out one fire than another one flared up. I am happy to report that I am not in imminent danger of being hospitalized by tetanus and that my jaw is much better now. But this evening I had another point of stress when I discovered that the boiler was at the lower end of its tolerable pressure range. And, as luck always has it, we are at the beginning of another cold snap. A today is a Friday. Fortunately, the pressure has risen slightly after I turned up the temperature setting. 

This winter is starting to feel endless and everyone I talk to seems to be at the end of their tether. Every day brings hope as well as despair. Infection rates are falling. But maybe not, according to another. The vaccine will work against the Kent variant. But, maybe not against the South African variant. Being constantly pummeled by hope and despair is exhausting, So one tries neither to hope nor to despair. But, its difficult. 

No comments: