Today, I shaved my face after more than a month, but I wasn't pleased with the results. It turns out I have put on weight and my square jaw is not so square any more. I am far from fat, but the sight of my reflection in the mirror still stung. I have never been overweight in my life but there have been years when I wasn't as lean as I am (or was before the lockdown). I might as well admit it that I am vain when it comes to my body and wouldn't cope well with being overweight. Not very woke, as it turns out.
The hardest thing to do in this situation is try to convince myself that have a few extra pounds is not such a bad thing, and I shouldn't feel less attractive. I will save that for when I am actually overweight and can't exercise or control my diet to get back into shape for whatever reason. The easiest thing to do is ramp up my exercise routine to burn off the extra pounds. That is my natural reaction, but knowing myself, I am likely to overdo it and make myself more susceptible to falling sick. Not a good scenario in the best of time, and definitely not a good one during a pandemic. So, I will chose the compromise option of sleeping on it and seeing how I feel tomorrow. If I feel like exercising on consecutive days, I will go for it. If I don't, I won't. Maybe it is also a good time to think about reducing my portion sizes especially since I am home all day and the weather is becoming warmer. I don't feel particularly stuffed, but maybe that's because I am used to feeling stuffed. The main thing to do is take it easy. There will be plenty of problems to deal with in the next few weeks, months and years without inventing new ones.
The hardest thing to do in this situation is try to convince myself that have a few extra pounds is not such a bad thing, and I shouldn't feel less attractive. I will save that for when I am actually overweight and can't exercise or control my diet to get back into shape for whatever reason. The easiest thing to do is ramp up my exercise routine to burn off the extra pounds. That is my natural reaction, but knowing myself, I am likely to overdo it and make myself more susceptible to falling sick. Not a good scenario in the best of time, and definitely not a good one during a pandemic. So, I will chose the compromise option of sleeping on it and seeing how I feel tomorrow. If I feel like exercising on consecutive days, I will go for it. If I don't, I won't. Maybe it is also a good time to think about reducing my portion sizes especially since I am home all day and the weather is becoming warmer. I don't feel particularly stuffed, but maybe that's because I am used to feeling stuffed. The main thing to do is take it easy. There will be plenty of problems to deal with in the next few weeks, months and years without inventing new ones.
No comments:
Post a Comment