Thursday, April 23, 2020

Evening Walk

I went for an walk this evening as I was feeling lonely for the first time during the lockdown. My antidote to loneliness is solitude so I went for a walk on the downs below my house after dinner. I was hoping that there wouldn't be too many people around after sunset but there were. I realized that I should have started evening walks a few weeks ago, when the days were shorter. With the days getting longer, I will have to start from my house later and later, and closer to bedtime. There aren't many days of the year that I can go for evening walks because there are so many stars that have to align. It has to be during a dry spell as tramping about in the mud is no fun. That rules out all seasons except summer as Bristol is seldom dry during the rest of the year. And the days get long so fast after daylight savings time beings that one has to step out later and later to beat the crowd, which is difficult for an early sleeper like me. Anyway, what is done is done. I still have a week or two left, I reckon, and if enjoy walking so much I can pick it up again in August. 

No comments: