Monday, April 6, 2020

Mood Swings

I slept quite badly last night, struggled through my exercise routine and was feeling blue after reading the news in the morning. My housemates coughing and blowing his noise heavily did nothing to soothe my frayed nerves/
 My mood brightened after I got a new idea for my research, which could potentially get me out of the rut I am stuck in. The good mood continued through the day, but towards the evening that the clouds darkened again after I read a journalist's account of her 'mild' Covid-19 symptoms, which sounded pretty horrible.
I realize this is going to be a long struggle. By the end of it, it is possible that someone I know or know of will be affected. If someone in my house gets it before me, I will have to listen to them cough their lungs out while eyeing the sword of sickness hanging above me. Fear for my own health, fear for the health of my loved ones, fear of fear. At the same time, the awareness that I don't want the world to go back to how it was before the crisis. The old world is dying and the new one hasn't yet been born, as someone wise (I don't remember who) said. 

No comments: