As expected, I managed to get some work done today but the drip of bad news continued unabated. Sometimes I wonder if there will come a time when bad news from India won't affect me so much. I have always been a reluctant Indian. Nationalism of even the softest kind discomfits me and I would describe myself as South Asian rather than Indian any day. I have no intention of moving back to India unless I have to and on every visit home it feels less liveable. But, India is in my blood and bones whether I like it or not. I have spent too much of my life there for it not to matter. I might avoid India and Indians (family and friends excepted of course) but India will always occupy a large portion of my mental escape. And, like most occupations, it will be oppressive.
Wednesday, February 26, 2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment