After fighting it for a weeks I have reconciled with the possibility that my PhD journey will take longer than I anticipated. So, I may realize that I am a much slower writer than I thought and my PhD won't be ready in time for the next job season. And, that won't be the end of the world. This doesn't mean I plan to slack off or take it easy. I couldn't even if I wanted to because I don't have much of a life outside my PhD. But, neither am I going to work myself ragged trying to finish my PhD on the old timeline. Because the little time that I will save doing that won't be worth the cost to my well-being. I have discovered that I can work for about 5 hours a day, six days a week on a sustainable basis and I plan to stick to that. Yes, I acknowledge am in an extremely privileged position as I don't have money worries and neither do I have a hard deadline to finish. So, I am going to use that privilege without guilt.
Monday, February 3, 2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment