Today, I had a lousy evening thanks to my bike, which has been giving me trouble for a few days. I don't know what it is about bike troubles that unsettles me so much. Maybe it is because I come from a country where the moment something goes wrong with anything you take it to a repair shop. You don't even consider trying to fix it by yourself. Over the past two years, I have learned so much about bikes, but the more I have learnt, the more my interest in fixing my own bike has fallen. For instance, a few days ago, I learnt there are two types of bike valves and today I learnt that I had bought the wrong one.
Buying a new tube, doing my weekend shopping tomorrow, all while trying to keep up my PhD writing momentum is feeling like a logistical impossibility today. Wrack my brains as I might, I can't seem to figure out an effective and easy solution. So, I am going to do the only thing that I can think of. Sleep on the problem and see if I find a solution tomorrow. Not that this is such a difficult problem. It is only that all the possible solutions that I can think of today make me cringe.
Buying a new tube, doing my weekend shopping tomorrow, all while trying to keep up my PhD writing momentum is feeling like a logistical impossibility today. Wrack my brains as I might, I can't seem to figure out an effective and easy solution. So, I am going to do the only thing that I can think of. Sleep on the problem and see if I find a solution tomorrow. Not that this is such a difficult problem. It is only that all the possible solutions that I can think of today make me cringe.
No comments:
Post a Comment