As I have said before, I rarely like my haircuts. I have discovered that its not just about looking good for me. Enough hair needs to be cut so that my head feels noticeably lighter and I don't have to go back for at least two-and-a-half months. It should feel good, not just look good. Maybe it also has to do with the fact that I am cheap and don't like going to the barber every month.
The previous time, the barber left too much hair at the top of the head and around the rim. This time around, I was determined not to have the same outcome. But, while I ended up with shorter hair around the rim, the top of my head was a riot of hair. I only noticed it after I had run my hand through it after getting home.
Barbers, for some reason, are biased towards longer hair. In this case, I don't know why, because hair is on the top of my head and not on the front or the side. It is pressed down so there is little difference in appearance between long hair and short.
After moping a bit in the shower at home, I decided to take matters in my own hands. I grabbed tufts of my hair as I had seen the barber do, and took a scissor to it. I haven't done that in more than 20 years, scared as I have been of making bad haircuts worse. And, I wouldn't have the courage to touch the hair on the front or on the sides of my head. But, my hair looks pretty much the same, at least to my untrained eye. Let's see how it looks in coming days. If it continues, I shall take to trimming it more often.
The previous time, the barber left too much hair at the top of the head and around the rim. This time around, I was determined not to have the same outcome. But, while I ended up with shorter hair around the rim, the top of my head was a riot of hair. I only noticed it after I had run my hand through it after getting home.
Barbers, for some reason, are biased towards longer hair. In this case, I don't know why, because hair is on the top of my head and not on the front or the side. It is pressed down so there is little difference in appearance between long hair and short.
After moping a bit in the shower at home, I decided to take matters in my own hands. I grabbed tufts of my hair as I had seen the barber do, and took a scissor to it. I haven't done that in more than 20 years, scared as I have been of making bad haircuts worse. And, I wouldn't have the courage to touch the hair on the front or on the sides of my head. But, my hair looks pretty much the same, at least to my untrained eye. Let's see how it looks in coming days. If it continues, I shall take to trimming it more often.
1 comment:
This blog is really valuable to pass on upgraded enlightening endeavors over web which is genuinely examination. hair scissor sharpening
Post a Comment