Thursday, August 29, 2019

Listening

I was having a stressful day and yoga again came to the rescue. In the past few days, I have been second-guessing some of my recent decisions about my PhD thesis. My supervisor expressed her doubts about some decisions, and that has unsettled as well as annoyed me as she could have spoken sooner. But, today's yoga class was about listening to your gut. I was listening to my gut  when I took those decisions, and did what at that point in time I thought was best for me. In hindsight, maybe they will turn out to have been wrong decisions, but as Adrienne says, "People make mistakes!". And, they might not even turn to be mistakes. Everyone has different working styles, and there is no one way to finishing a PhD thesis. I am quite an unconventional PhD student in many respects, so why strive to be conventional now?

No comments: