When I started my PhD, for months, I rued the fact that I didn't have any peers to discuss my research with. Mine was an extremely small PhD programme and most people worked from home. I suppose the drab and dreary PhD office had something to do it. The aching isolation I felt in the first few months compounded the other troubles that had started to surface, which led me to drop everything and rush home.
Things improved swiftly after I returned from the break in my studies. A particularly genial colleague had started her PhD while I was away and we had moved to a new PhD office, which was a much more convival environment. Over the following months, my colleagues became my friends, and the size of the cohort also grew at a steady pace. But, I still didn't have anyone working on a topic close enough to my own that I could discuss my research with them. Until now.
I finally have a colleague whom I can discuss my research with and it feels good.
Things improved swiftly after I returned from the break in my studies. A particularly genial colleague had started her PhD while I was away and we had moved to a new PhD office, which was a much more convival environment. Over the following months, my colleagues became my friends, and the size of the cohort also grew at a steady pace. But, I still didn't have anyone working on a topic close enough to my own that I could discuss my research with them. Until now.
I finally have a colleague whom I can discuss my research with and it feels good.
No comments:
Post a Comment