Monday, August 19, 2019

Overeating


One is never to old to fall victim to over-indulgence although, hopefully, the incidence of such instances reduces. When I was younger, I used to often suffer the consequences of eating beyond my fill. The consequences weren’t pleasant but I seldom learned my lesson.  One of the most common pathways to overeating is opting to polish off a dish instead of leaving niggardly portions. “Oh, finish it off, what is the point of leaving so little”, is a common refrain in Indian homes. “Dump it in, rather than dump it out”, as one of my friends puts it.
Today, I’m suffering the consequences of finishers syndrome. I could explore the psychological aspects of finishers syndrome and how it seems to a particular to males, but I am in too much discomfort. I pushed myself to finish a dish, overate, also drank too much champagne, and am suffering the consequences of it. That is all.

No comments: