I don't think I've ever had a haircut that I really liked. There have been haircuts that I thought were alright and there have been times when I have been complimented over my haircut and there isn't a significant overlap between the two cases, so I guess tastes in hairstyle vary a lot.
But, the haircut I got this morning looks positively weird. Along the sides, above my ears, I am nearly bald. When I bend my head backwards, I can feel the skin fold--that's how short it is.Then, there is a deeper layer of hair near the top of the sides of my head. And, the top my head is a forest of hair. I feel like there is a turnip on top of my head. To top it all, I have a date in two days that I am really looking forward to. This couldn't have come at a worse time. I have had worse haircuts (thought not in a long time) but the timing of this one makes it particularly hairy.
I texted a friend saying that I hate my haircut and she asked for a photo. And she claimed to love it. The beauty of haircuts is in the eye of the beholder, I suppose.
I suppose this haircut is a bit of a daring experiment. I am not a fan of daring experiments and neither am I fan of my more sedate hairstyle. Which is a funny position, I suppose. I guess I need to stop caring about my hairstyle so much, or put more effort into identifying what I like and making sure I get my haircut that way. I can't have it both ways. I don't think I can be bothered to put the effort into my hairstyle so I just need to stop bothering so much when I get (what I think) is a bad haircut. I have a haircut because I have to and my only objective is to make sure I don't have to go back for another two months at least. I am not metro-sexual and I have no desire to be. I like to be presentable, but with minimum effort.
But, the haircut I got this morning looks positively weird. Along the sides, above my ears, I am nearly bald. When I bend my head backwards, I can feel the skin fold--that's how short it is.Then, there is a deeper layer of hair near the top of the sides of my head. And, the top my head is a forest of hair. I feel like there is a turnip on top of my head. To top it all, I have a date in two days that I am really looking forward to. This couldn't have come at a worse time. I have had worse haircuts (thought not in a long time) but the timing of this one makes it particularly hairy.
I texted a friend saying that I hate my haircut and she asked for a photo. And she claimed to love it. The beauty of haircuts is in the eye of the beholder, I suppose.
I suppose this haircut is a bit of a daring experiment. I am not a fan of daring experiments and neither am I fan of my more sedate hairstyle. Which is a funny position, I suppose. I guess I need to stop caring about my hairstyle so much, or put more effort into identifying what I like and making sure I get my haircut that way. I can't have it both ways. I don't think I can be bothered to put the effort into my hairstyle so I just need to stop bothering so much when I get (what I think) is a bad haircut. I have a haircut because I have to and my only objective is to make sure I don't have to go back for another two months at least. I am not metro-sexual and I have no desire to be. I like to be presentable, but with minimum effort.
No comments:
Post a Comment