I am writing this from Madrid airport, waiting for the flight
back to Bristol. For some reason, I like writing blogs from airport. Maybe because
the awareness of being in transit, being between chapters, gets the mental
juices going.
It’s the end of an eventful summer which consisted of four trips
in three months. For a reluctant traveller, that is quite a lot. Now, the unusually
hot and bright European summer is over and the new academic year is lurking around
the corner. The days in England will have become noticeably shorter, which
should hopefully help me sleep better.
The past month has been quite lousy, with the unexpected death
of a loved one. I also moved from a grey zone to the red zone (you will have to
read last Friday’s blog to know what I am talking about). Being with my sister
helped blunt the trauma of both these blows, but now I am must fend for myself.
I am looking to put the past month behind me and immerse myself in work. I have
plenty to do, and the best way to heal a broken heart is to tax the head. Yoga and
writing have been godsends during these difficult weeks and I am grateful that
I can draw on these two tools pretty much whenever I feel the need.
Now, its time to press the refresh button and start afresh.
No comments:
Post a Comment