Monday, March 26, 2018

Young Blood

A young Chinese man is currently staying in my househare. He is all of 17 and spending 10 days here because his school is out for Easter. Why here? Because China is too far and he wanted to see a new city. He cooks, goes sight-seeing, is cheerful and generally acts like a pretty sorted adult. I used to think of myself as a pretty independent teenager, but the adolescent me couldn't hold a candle to him. After meeting him, I felt a little embarrassed about the amount of time I spend thinking about loneliness and how to make friends. And here is this young man already living life on his own terms. It has taken me years to get to a place where I am comfortable with myself and I still don't think I'm there yet. Sometimes you can find inspiration in the strangest places and from the strangest people! Yes, there are problems in life, there will always be problems in life, but the show must go on. 

No comments: