I think I am reaching a point where I have no expectations of people who are not family or friends. I don't expect people to be friendly, I don't expect to be treated in a certain way, I don't even expect to be treated the way I would treat someone else. And it is a comforting feeling. Interactions which are not weighed down by expectations are freer. For instance, you can have hearty conversations with strangers, knowing that you will never see that person again. Earlier, I used to socialize with an agenda--to meet new people and make friends. I wouldn't bother with people who were just passing through. Now, I socialize on my own terms. I participate in activities that I find interesting. If I make friends in the process--great!--but if I don't its alright because that wasn't my intention anyway. My expectations are zero when it comes to people of a certain race but I'm not comfortable elaborating, Maybe another day.
Tuesday, March 20, 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment