Saturday, July 17, 2021

Summer Nights

 Today was the hottest day of the year so far. Complaints about the weather have shifted from "we've barely had a summer this year" to "why is it so bloody hot?". Yes, 17-22C with the sun out is perfect weather, but we seldom hit that sweet spot. TO be honest, it is not that hot at all. 29C with dry conditions is pretty manageable for someone who has grown up in 35C super-humid conditions. if I keep the sun-facing windows covered and have a cold shower just before bedtime I can manage fine, even without a fan. It helps that my house is at the edge of a meadow and we get a decent cross-breeze. But, I've taken to napping in the afternoon so that I can go to bed late when its cooler and still wake up early. I like livving in a place with seasons and adapting my living habits to the rhythm of nature. Missing having a piping hot cup of tea on cold dark evenings and feeling a temperate sun on my skin in winters. 

No comments: