Friday, July 23, 2021

A Nice Break and Back to the Grind

 After finishing my SOAS application yesterday, I felt a strange ache in my temples which I had never experienced before. It wasn't a splitting ache, but I have enough experience of anxiety symptoms to realize it had been caused by stress. My half-hearted hopes of resuming my PhD work went straight out the window. Instead, I made plans with a close friend to meet today. We had a very pleasant time chatting over beers and food. During the day, I barely thought of my PhD, but on the few occasions I did my mind would cloud over. I have barely written anything over the past two months. All my time has been spent in hammering my theoretical framework into shape and I am still not there yet. After that comes the actual writing to turn that theoretical framework into text. I still have a long way to go with not much time or energy left. but it is what it is. All I can do is show up and do my best.

No comments: