This noon, I got news that I have been short-listed for the SOAS post-doc position, with the online interview scheduled for next week. It was not very professionally done. The mail asked me to respond within two hours. A closer inspection revealed that the mail had been written at 9:00 am yesterday but for some reason had never reached me. This does nothing to dispel my feeling that they already have someone in mind for this position (and that someone is not me).
But, the timing could not have been better. I have hit a wall with my PhD and all my motivation has drained away so now I can continue to do nothing on my PhD without feeling guilty. It is the perfect excuse to keep away from my PhD for a few more days. Of course, it is more than that. It is a great opportunity and the chance of a change of scene from Bristol. I will give it my all. I know I generally do well in interviews, but I am not going to become complacent.
No comments:
Post a Comment