The downside of living with smokers is they are prone to coughing fits which send paroxysms of Covid fear through your body. A few weeks ago, Betty had coughing fits which convinced me that she had Covid and would pass it on to me. She didn't. Then on Saturday, I noticed that my Irish housemate had a bad cold and cough, which again freaked me out. I toyed with the idea of saking him if he had tested himself for Covid and to request him to wear a mask in the common areas. Thankfully, I didn't, because his coughing fits became less frequent. But, I resolved to ask my kind and efficient landlady to send an email asking everyone to be vigilant about Covid infections, which she did today. Even if I catch Covid from one of my housemates, I can rest easy in the fact that I did my best not to get infected. And, today, I also learnt that my supervisor had had quite a bad attack of Covid despite being double-jabbed. She advised me not to go out anywhere, and I was too stunned by the news to point out that I barely have a social life in any case. o, Covid fear levels are likely to be high for the next few months at least.
Monday, July 26, 2021
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment