Thursday, July 1, 2021

Extension and Sprints

 This morning, I woke up to news that I had been granted a four-months extension instead of the three months I had asked for. It definitely reduces the pressure on me, and banished the doomsday scenarios swirling through my head last evening. I don't plan to use the full four months, just as |I didn't plan to use the full three months I was asking for, just as I wasn't planning on using the full four years of my PhD registration period. We will see, is all I am going to say. I am going to work as hard as I can while keeping my spirits up and take every extension as it comes :-P. I don't think I have the stamina to keep working this project beyond four months but my judgement has been hopelessly wrong throughout so I don't set great store by it. In other news, I did sprints today after a gap of almost two years. I thought it would knock the stuffing out of me and I would be stiff for days after. I remember the first time I did them years ago in Dadoji kondeo stadium. I drove back and just lay on the living room floor. My breath had recovered but my insides felt like they had been curdled. This time too I felt the same but i recovered quickly enough and my thighs don't feel like lead. I think my stretching game has improved a lot over the years and the cold showers help too. 



This time too I felt like my insides had 

No comments: