Tomorrow, I return to Bristol after two weeks in Brighton. The two weeks are a blur. I spent them trying to pierce through the conceptual haze that has descended on my PhD. To be honest, the conceptual haze was always there, its just that I have become aware of it over the past two months and as I take tiny steps to clear it, I have realised how deep it is. I spent many an evening in Brighton despairing over some conceptual roadblock, which magically cleared the next morning, The change of scene didn't give wings to my PhD progress. But, I did manage to work, and I know the change of scene has helped me. After one-and-a-half years without a break from Bristol, my housemates had begun to drive me up the walls by their mere presence. This trip has recharged my batteries to endure them for another 6-9 months at least.
My days were punctuated by daily walks on the sea front. The sight of the sea after a frustrating day was a balm to my soul, and I would hungrily devour it every afternoon. The seafront reminded me of my time in Holland, at the end of which I had taken to nightly walks on the beach, Good times.
No comments:
Post a Comment