Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Soldiering On

 I started today in a mild panic about my PhD. I got out of bed at 5am and after yoga and a cold shower, was in office by 7:30. I felt overwhelmed, out of my depth, and my stomach felt unsettled too, a sureshot sign  of anxiety.  But, anxiety can sometimes be good for you. I worked today, like  I hadn't worked in ages. I didn't get a lot done in terms of writing, but I whiled away nearly half as much time I usually do, The anxiety lit my tail on fire, and i worked with a focus and determination that I hadn't felt in ages. For years,  I thought anxiety is to be avoided at at all costs. If something makes you anxious, remove it from your life. But, now, I am coming around to the view that anxiety is not all bad. Mild anxiety can be trigger for action. 

No comments: