Sunday, May 16, 2021

Overflowing Bin

I put our black bin out for collection this morning, only to find it overflowing a few hours later. My guess is Ugly Betty is responsible. I am tired of stressing about the black bin. Before the last collection, I actually went through the trash to pick out some stuff for recycling and reduce the size of our trash. Once before, I had dumped some of our excess garbage into a neighbours bin. I have had enough. Relations between Ugly Betty and me are at a nadir after her self-harming episode, so I cannot tell her to reduce her trash. I am tired of quietly picking up her trash after her. I am not her mother,  and this is not my house. So, I am just going to leave the bin as it is and wait to see if the bin men collect it. If they don't, I will let the landlady know and let her sort it out. I am tired of scrambling to catch the glass before it crashes to the floor. Maybe it will break, maybe it won't. This is about setting boundaries, deciding what  is your problem and what isn't and assiduously following your decision, even if your personal proclivity is not to. Maybe that deserves a separate blog. 

No comments: