Saturday, May 22, 2021

Anger Disguised At Teasing

I have so much to ponder over, I don't know where to start. So, I am going to stay on the tip of the iceberg. A friend conveyed to me that my teasing had become very annoying, and she wondered whether it was driven by subconscious anger towards her. I am quite capable of expressing anger through well-disguised animosity rather than an outburst. Instead of releasing the anger, congealing it into a venom to dip my words in. Not very healthy at all. Yes, I do feel I have become more irritable since the start of the pandemic. Call it Covid vex, call it anything else. Flames of anger rise within me within minutes and burn with ferocity. My body becomes noticeably hotter. At the same time, I have discovered reserves of patience and fortitude I didn't know existed. Its easy  to lay the blame  at my own door. But, maybe the story is more complex than that. Some of my personal relationships have undoubtedly changed over the  past year. Some have strengthened, some have strained. It is futile to try to go back to  way things were before the pandemic. There is no going back. But, that doesn't mean strained relationships are irretrievably lost. They can be moulded into healthy relationhips, even if they never regain their past closeness. 

No comments: